The Cloudburst Group offers a wide range of rewarding career opportunities for talented technical, managerial, and support professionals in the United States and Internationally. We encourage staff growth and advancement, including training and professional skills building to increase knowledge and competence and to enable us to stay abreast of new developments, especially in science, research, and technology.
We do most of our work in teams, giving all staff the opportunity to explore new ideas, inform product development, and participate in discussions on the strategic direction of our company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our workforce reflects a cultural diversity that gives us a broad and valuable spectrum of backgrounds and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
- Paid Time Off
- Jury Duty
- Medical Insurance
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Dental Insurance
- Worker’s Comp
- Vision Insurance
- DBA/Med Evacuation
- 401k Safe Harbor Plan
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Discount
The Cloudburst Group is seeking qualified consultants and subcontractors to join our growing team in our Housing and Community Development (HCD) practice area.
To respond to this Request for Qualifications (RFQ), please:
- Complete and return the Cloudburst HCD Matrix; and,
- Using the examples in the Cloudburst HCD RFQ, submit a brief biography. The biography should include fully loaded hourly rates for 2016, 2017, and 2018. Note: Organizations responding to this RFQ must include a brief biography of the organization as well as biographies of each individual providing services under this RFQ.
Responses should be remitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email Denise Lomuntad if you have any questions.
The Knowledge Management and Communications Analyst will join an interdisciplinary team of researchers, evaluators, communications professionals and development practitioners and will be responsible for the implementation of digitally-focused knowledge management and communications for USAID and other federal government contracts.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of global issues (prior experience working with USAID is preferred) as well as an understanding of best practices in knowledge management, digital marketing, building information architecture, and overall communications.
This position requires 3-5 years of professional experience in digital communications and content management. This position will be based in the Washington DC area (Landover, Maryland).
- Maintain and improve current systems identifying and tracking documents and reports for development projects from around the world.
- Develop and implement new systems to identify and track documents and reports for clients.
- Manage Cloudburst knowledge management systems, including online contact resource management (CRM) and document management (DM) systems and media libraries.
- Create, manage, and test targeted e-mail newsletters and e-mail marketing campaigns using MailChimp.
- Project management of a website launch, including setting meeting schedules, acting as the focal point for project implementation, coordinating with clients and technical experts, tracking project deliverables, and ensuring that project deadlines are met.
- Monitor and analyze relevant news, social media, and emerging digital communications technologies.
- Post, categorize, and update documents, photos, and other files onto a WordPress website.
- Develop reports using Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, and other tools to assess digital metrics and make recommendations for continued improvements to communications strategies and platform use.
- Maintain a quarterly editorial calendar of online activities and propose relevant content management strategies to ensure timeliness of planned activities.
- Work closely with a communications team to develop, edit, and provide graphic design support for website content, social media, research, reports, presentations, posters, mass e-mails, brochures, and digital media deliverables, maintaining branding standards and message consistency across communications.
- Coordinate, promote, and provide technical support for quarterly webinars, trainings, and conferences.
- Participate in broader strategic planning and decision making for various communications and knowledge management projects.
- Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in global communications, marketing, public affairs, mass communications, international development, or a related degree.
- Strong organizational skills with a minimum of three years of demonstrated experience in content management and knowledge management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiar with Google Docs.
- Proven experience in a digitally focused role, including HTML, e-mail best practices, and basic principles of web design (WordPress, preferred).
- Skilled user of professional social media including effective uses of Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Strong project and process management skills, capable of managing and prioritizing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with graphic design applications including the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, LightRoom, InDesign, and Illustrator).
- Excellent written communications and copy-editing skills with a high attention to grammar and detail.
- Self-starter able to work with a highly collaborative team and adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- Passion for international development and humanitarian issues.
- Prior experience with USAID or other federal government agencies.
- Experience developing podcasts, infographics, and video.
- Experience with event planning and working with conferences.
- Basic understanding of SEO.
- Familiar with MapBox, Arc GIS or other mapping tools.
The Cloudburst Group is a small consulting business with its main office in Landover, MD. Cloudburst is considered a leader in optimizing the effectiveness and sustainability of public/private programs that target underserved populations and support communities domestically and internationally. Our services include research, evaluation, planning, management consulting and technical assistance, communications and performance measurement.
The Cloudburst Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Cloudburst will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law, please email email@example.com.
Please click the button below to submit your interest online with a copy of your resume, writing sample (if requested), and a cover letter with desired salary and history. Indicate reference number CB-2017-07.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make www.cloudburstgroup.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 240-582-3312 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.