The Cloudburst Group offers a wide range of rewarding career opportunities for talented technical, managerial, and support professionals in the United States and Internationally. We encourage staff growth and advancement, including training and professional skills building to increase knowledge and competence and to enable us to stay abreast of new developments, especially in science, research, and technology.
We do most of our work in teams, giving all staff the opportunity to explore new ideas, inform product development, and participate in discussions on the strategic direction of our company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our workforce reflects a cultural diversity that gives us a broad and valuable spectrum of backgrounds and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Cloudburst is seeking a Senior Analyst/Analyst to join a team in providing day-to-day support in responding to questions submitted by grantees and HUD staff on the technical use of the HUD IDIS system under the HUD Exchange Ask A Question (AAQ) portal. Successful candidates must have previous experience and knowledge of HUD’s CPD Programs (CDBG, ESG, HOME, HOPWA, and HTF), as well as experience working with IDIS.
The successful candidate will join Cloudburst’s growing housing and community development team.
- Triage questions submitted to the AAQ portal for the IDIS Question Pool. Screen questions to determine to whom the question should be assigned.
- Draft question responses, which includes: reviewing previous responses, taking and labeling screenshots, creating FAQs. Responses should include program regulations, rules, policy alerts, memos, user guides, and other reference materials.
- Track question status and follow-up with other Drafters/Reviewers.
- Conduct quality control review of question responses.
- Participate in regularly scheduled AAQ team meetings.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports, as well as other ad-hoc reports as requested by clients.
- Periodically update AAQ protocols including team contact information.
- Engage with HUD grantees to gather additional information.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Preferred candidates will have the skills necessary to triage, respond to, and track questions submitted through the AAQ IDIS Question Pool.
- Must demonstrate high attention to detail, accuracy as well as proven verbal and written communications skills and strong Excel data management skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with grantees of a variety of diverse backgrounds, education and economic levels, HUD program office personnel and system programmers.
- Must be able to pass the PIV process and background check.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field with a minimum of 4 years of work experience and at least 2 years of HUD CPD program experience.
- Proficiency in the use of computers, general office equipment, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Professional applications and databases (basic web programming a plus).
- Knowledge of office management principles, practices and procedures, grammar, spelling, punctuation and required formats to produce correspondence and reports.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities, professional and mature demeanor and conduct, especially during interactions with clients and its constituents.
- Problem-solving, decision-making, as well as good judgement skills.
- Ability to take initiative and/or independently respond to situations.
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of technical and non-technical personnel within client agencies.
- Excellent written communication skills; ability to convey information and directions in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be a self-directed, highly organized person who can effectively prioritize and follow through on multiple projects, who takes pride in producing quality work and is willing to learn.
- Interpersonal skills and flexibility within a small office is essential.
- Professional proficiency in Spanish
The Cloudburst Group is a mission-driven small business with its main office in Landover, MD. Cloudburst is considered a leader in optimizing the effectiveness and sustainability of public/private programs that target underserved populations and support communities domestically and internationally. Our services include research, evaluation, planning, management consulting, technical assistance, communications, and performance measurement.
The Cloudburst Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Cloudburst will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Submit your resume with writing sample and cover letter.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Paid Time Off
- Jury Duty
- Medical Insurance
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Dental Insurance
- Worker’s Comp
- Vision Insurance
- DBA/Med Evacuation
- 401k Safe Harbor Plan
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Discount
The Cloudburst Group is seeking qualified consultants and subcontractors to join our growing team in our Housing and Community Development (HCD) practice area.
To respond to this Request for Qualifications (RFQ), please:
- Complete and return the Cloudburst HCD Matrix; and,
- Using the examples in the Cloudburst HCD RFQ, submit a brief biography. The biography should include fully loaded hourly rates for 2017, 2018, and 2019. Note: Organizations responding to this RFQ must include a brief biography of the organization as well as biographies of each individual providing services under this RFQ.
Responses should be remitted to [email protected].
Please email Denise Lomuntad if you have any questions.
We endeavor to make www.cloudburstgroup.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 240-582-3312 or [email protected]. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.