The Cloudburst Group offers a wide range of rewarding career opportunities for talented technical, managerial, and support professionals in the United States and Internationally. We encourage staff growth and advancement, including training and professional skills building to increase knowledge and competence and to enable us to stay abreast of new developments, especially in science, research, and technology.
We do most of our work in teams, giving all staff the opportunity to explore new ideas, inform product development, and participate in discussions on the strategic direction of our company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our workforce reflects a cultural diversity that gives us a broad and valuable spectrum of backgrounds and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
The Cloudburst Group is seeking a Research and Evaluation Practice Area leader to provide technical direction, quality assurance oversight, and management of a portfolio of Impact, Performance, and Process evaluation projects. Cloudburst has a growing line of Research and Evaluation programs internationally with MCC and USAID and domestically with HUD and HHS. This position will provide technical expertise and oversight designing and managing large-scale, highly complex and rigorous evaluations and conducting innovative socioeconomic research and evaluation studies across multiple development fields, such as land tenure; democracy, human rights, and governance; environment and natural resources; global health; labor; water; and cross-cutting issues such as gender, youth, and urban development. Proficiency in a range of evaluation design and data collection methodologies, including experimental (Randomized Control Trial) and quasi-experimental (Difference in Difference, Regression Discontinuity, Instrumental Variables) methods and non-experimental methods is required. Preference would also be to have experience conducting rigorous final evaluations in the context of missing or flawed baselines, ex-post or retrospective evaluations, and meta-evaluations. International travel (short-term assignments) is required to conduct pilot and scoping studies, impact and performance evaluations, needs assessments, and environmental scans.
- Leads Cloudburst’s evaluation team, providing technical oversight, direction, and quality assurance on multiple complex simultaneous projects.
- Oversees the technical design and implementation of evaluations, including evaluation designs, scoping trips, sampling strategies, developing instruments, overseeing data collection, designing and carrying out mixed methods analysis (econometrics, qualitative, etc.), and disseminating results through written reports, peer-reviewed journal article publication, and conference presentations.
- Supports the growth and development of Cloudburst’s evaluation staff providing guidance, mentoring, direction and troubleshooting issues on projects.
- Advanced capabilities in at least one statistical package (STATA, R) and experience using several analytical software packages, including qualitative analytical software packages such as NVIVO or Atlas.ti.
- Ability to effectively work in teams and embrace participatory approaches.
- Works with clients and local institutions to design and implement Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plans, processes, and activities, including integrating M&E frameworks into Missions’ strategic plans and overall objectives.
- Identifies and cultivates new business opportunities, establishing and maintaining key relationships with clients, partners, and industry organizations.
- Serves as technical writer in response to Request for Proposals or other types of solicitations.
- Supports recruitment efforts to identify technical and subject matter experts for proposal and project efforts, including identifies technical experts and team leaders to be included on proposals.
- Recognized as a thought leader in the industry, can represent Cloudburst at industry events (conferences, forums, events) and with clients.
- Ph.D. in Economics, Political Science, Applied Statistics, or related field with 6 years’ experience strongly preferred, but may consider a Master’s with 10 years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant international experience with progressive responsibilities in oversight of impact evaluations funded by bilateral (USAID, MCC, DFID) or multilateral (World Bank, UN) research and evaluation projects that leverages academic training and practical experience in quantitative research/evaluation and statistical methodologies.
- Significant experience conducting econometric analysis in the context of experimental or quasi-experimental research designs.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing and implementing complex projects and working collaboratively with a broad range of government officials, international donors, and private sector stakeholders.
- Experience with impact evaluation approaches that incorporate analysis of large administrative or geospatial datasets.
- Prior experience designing curricula and teaching or training on evaluation methodology a plus.
- Field experience in international development research is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated competence in leadership, client relations, and project and contract management.
- Ability to work and travel internationally to oversee program implementation and provide technical expertise (est. 10-20% time).
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
The Cloudburst Group is a unique small business working at the intersection of domestic and international development to improve social, economic and environmental resilience.
The Cloudburst Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Cloudburst will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Paid Time Off
- Jury Duty
- Medical Insurance
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Dental Insurance
- Worker’s Comp
- Vision Insurance
- DBA/Med Evacuation
- 401k Safe Harbor Plan
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Discount
The Cloudburst Group is seeking qualified consultants and subcontractors to join our growing team in our Housing and Community Development (HCD) practice area.
To respond to this Request for Qualifications (RFQ), please:
- Complete and return the Cloudburst HCD Matrix; and,
- Using the examples in the Cloudburst HCD RFQ, submit a brief biography. The biography should include fully loaded hourly rates for 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. Note: Organizations responding to this RFQ must include a brief biography of the organization as well as biographies of each individual providing services under this RFQ.
Responses should be remitted to [email protected].
Please email Denise Lomuntad if you have any questions.
We endeavor to make www.cloudburstgroup.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 240-582-3312 or [email protected]. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.