The Cloudburst Group offers a wide range of rewarding career opportunities for talented technical, managerial, and support professionals in the United States and Internationally. We encourage staff growth and advancement, including training and professional skills building to increase knowledge and competence and to enable us to stay abreast of new developments, especially in science, research, and technology.
We do most of our work in teams, giving all staff the opportunity to explore new ideas, inform product development, and participate in discussions on the strategic direction of our company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our workforce reflects a cultural diversity that gives us a broad and valuable spectrum of backgrounds and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
- Paid Time Off
- Jury Duty
- Medical Insurance
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Dental Insurance
- Worker’s Comp
- Vision Insurance
- DBA/Med Evacuation
- 401k Safe Harbor Plan
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Discount
The Cloudburst Group is seeking qualified consultants and subcontractors to join our growing team in our Housing and Community Development (HCD) practice area.
To respond to this Request for Qualifications (RFQ), please:
- Complete and return the Cloudburst HCD Matrix; and,
Using the examples in the Cloudburst HCD RFQ, submit a brief biography. The biography should include fully loaded hourly rates for 2020, 2021, and 2022. Note: Organizations responding to this RFQ must include a brief biography of the organization as well as biographies of each individual providing services under this RFQ.
Responses should be remitted to [email protected].
Please email Denise Lomuntad if you have any questions.
Are you experienced in Civil Society Capacity Building or Training?
Do you have experience with organizational development in Civil Society and looking to help other organizations strengthen their capacity and look for new funding?
Are you interested in learning a new CSO capacity building model that has been used throughout the world?
Applicants who have been successful in helping CSOs to seek new funding, outside of traditional international donor funding are encouraged to apply.
The Cloudburst Group (Cloudburst), a US-based small business, in partnership with PartnersGlobal, is seeking six qualified consultants to serve as coaches for a 2-year Civil Society Organization (CSO) Capacity Building project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The Cloudburst Group is a mission-driven, Women-Owned Small Business known for its work in improving the effectiveness of programs that build social, economic, and environmental resilience in the U.S. and abroad. The CSO Consultants hired will deliver an innovative CSO capacity building model that provides coaching, mentoring, and capacity building support to organizations in the sectors of Public Health and Education; Food Security and Environment; and Democracy and Governance.
Description of Work
Coaches under this project will accompany local Cambodian CSOs through a 12-month capacity building process based on PartnersGlobal’s Resiliency+ Framework. The Resiliency+ Framework provides a new approach to organizational development that focuses on an organizations ability to adapt to dynamic shifts within its operating environment. While traditional organizational development focuses only internally at an organization’s structures and processes, the Resiliency+ framework incorporates an analysis of the external operating space into its interventions. This gives CSOs a nuanced understanding of how organizations and actors operate, adapt, and thrive in response to multi-faceted changes posed by their external environment. The goal of Resiliency+ is to allow CSOs to anticipate, prepare and adapt swiftly and purposefully so that they’re able to not only survive, but thrive.
Selected consultants apply their coaching expertise and civil society experience to the Resiliency+ intervention and work alongside a team of international experts to coach 10 local CSOs on organizational development. While coaching engagements will cover a variety of topics, financial revenue diversification will be of particular focus. Coaches will also assist organizations in conducting self-assessments and developing strategic plans with the guidance of PartnersGlobal staff.
Lastly, the Civil Society Capacity Building Coaches will assist the broader project team of capacity building specialists, trainers, and academic partners in monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the project.
Consultants are needed to work approximately 100 days over a 2-year period. Employees of current CSOs are encouraged to apply.
Location: Phnom Penh, local travel required; possible other short duration in-country travel
Schedule: Consultancy, estimated at 100 days of work over a 2-year period.
Rate: Based upon experience; to be negotiated
Language Requirements: Fluency in Khmer and English
Structure: Selected consultants will work independently under a written agreement with The Cloudburst Group, providing specific services for a fee. Consultants will be “labor contractors” under Cambodian law and, as such, will be responsible for their own taxes and benefits, as applicable. Employees of current leading sector CSOs who undertake additional consulting work on this project are encouraged to apply.
DRAFT SCOPE OF WORK
- Participate in a kickoff workshop where project objectives and methodologies will be discussed.
- Participate in a launch conference alongside recipient organizations.
- Assist CSO’s in completing their initial self-assessment and systems mapping exercises.
- Develop Resiliency Plans (a 12-month strategic plan detailing specific targeted interventions) for 10 organizations with the guidance of PartnersGlobal staff.
- Engage in regularly scheduled in-person coaching check-in’s with multiple recipient organizations over the 12-months of Resiliency+ Plan implementation.
- Build trusting relationships with recipient organizations to encourage candid and open communication and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Participate in a final learning event with all recipient organizations to share experiences from the project.
- Coordinate closely with Cloudburst and PartnersGlobal U.S.-based staff as well as local implementing partners.
- Manage CSOs’ progress throughout the duration of the program.
- Assist in the delivery of trainings and workshops as needed by the project team.
- Contribute to routine reporting for USAID (quarterly reports, data collection for monitoring and evaluation, etc.) and submit supporting documentation for each activity delivered.
Successful consultants should have:
- Minimum 6 years of demonstrated experience working in or with dynamic Civil Society Organizations, preferably focused on organizational strengthening or growth.
- Prior experience working in or with CSOs to seek new funding, diversify funding approaches, establish fee for service models, or other fundraising strategies preferred.
- Degree in organizational development, financial management or a related area.
- Expert skills as a facilitator, with demonstrated experience working with local organizational leaders and core staff on organization development and/or fundraising.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple simultaneous assignments.
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded programs preferred.
- Connections within and among Public Health and Education, Food Security and Environment, and/or Democracy and Governance sectors preferred.
- A strong desire to engage in a participatory change process with local organizations entailing understanding their needs, jointly solving problems, and collaboratively building trust.
- Fluency in Khmer and English (report writing in English).
The Cloudburst Group (Cloudburst), a US-based small business, in partnership with PartnersGlobal, is seeking six qualified consultants to serve as coaches for a 2-year Civil Society Organization (CSO) Capacity Building project to help guide CSOs to strengthen their organizational resiliency and diversify their funding.
To respond to this Request for Qualifications (RFQ), please respond with the following information:
- Resume (3-5 pages maximum)
- Letter stating interest, availability, proposed daily rates for 2020 and 2021, and 2-3 prior examples of where you have provided capacity building support to CSOs and contact information for 3 references.
- Completed bio data form.
Responses should be sent to [email protected]. Please email Denise Lomuntad if you have any questions.
We endeavor to make www.cloudburstgroup.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 240-582-3312 or [email protected]. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.