The Cloudburst Group is a unique small business focused on empowering communities to build social, economic, and environmental resilience. For over 15 years, the Homeless Assistance Team (HAT) has been making measurable impacts on homelessness by supporting local communities to:
- Make smart, data-driven decisions
- Implement evidence-based solutions designed to help people rapidly exit homelessness and reconnect to stable housing
- Provide life-saving assistance to communities and people experiencing homelessness impacted by public health emergencies and natural disasters
The federal government has invested an unprecedented level of new resources for housing and homelessness to combat COVID-19. There is a historic opportunity to capitalize on this funding to make important strides toward ending homelessness while protecting the health of vulnerable populations. There’s a lot of work ahead! Cloudburst is seeking to grow our team with people who are passionate about ending homelessness. We want you on our team if you:
- Are driven by finding solutions to homelessness and reducing racial disparities in housing outcomes.
- Enjoy collaborating and problem-solving challenging issues with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Manage projects effectively and efficiently.
Homelessness disproportionately impacts Black, Indigenous, and People of Color as a result of structural and institutional racism. Cloudburst believes that effective solutions to homelessness are created with communities historically impacted by the systems we are attempting to transform. We strongly encourage applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities we work with.
- Provide guidance/consultation, training, and written products focused on solutions to homelessness and HUD homeless programs (namely the Emergency Solutions Grant and Continuum of Care Programs).
- Build strong relationships with key funders and community leaders to encourage broad systemic support for initiatives aimed at decreasing homelessness.
- Support communities with COVID re-housing and recovery efforts, implementing best practices and improving system performance.
- Stay current on HUD policy priorities and advise communities on compliance with HUD regulations.
- Manage large-scale projects, contracts, and budgets, and ensure on-time, high-quality deliverables.
- Assist communities with assessing and interpreting data to inform planning and strategic decision making.
- Frequent domestic travel (post-pandemic)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 5 years’ experience, or significant life experience in the field of homelessness or housing.
- Familiarity with HUDs homeless programs and regulations.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities, while working under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative and independently respond to situations.
- Direct experience working for a CoC or ESG jurisdiction desired.
The Cloudburst Group is a unique small business working at the intersection of domestic and international development to improve social, economic, and environmental resilience.
Please submit with a copy of your resume, writing sample and cover letter with desired salary range.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled